Re: select only user - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Milen A. Radev
Subject Re: select only user
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jessica Richard написа:
> I created a user and granted only "select" to this user so that  this user can only select the tables on a production
system.But by default, this user can also CREATE TABLE successfully....

> How can I revoke this "create table" privilege (and possible others) and limit this user to only the permissions
grantedby me?

Revoke the "create" privilege on the "public" schema (or any other
schema you've created) from 'public' (that's special "role"). Also
revoke the "create" privilege on the database(s) in question from the
same special role 'public' to prevent creation of new schemas.

More here - http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-grant.html.

--
Milen A. Radev