Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jakub Ouhrabka
Subject Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores
Date
List pgsql-performance
Alvaro,

 >>> - do an UNLISTEN if possible
 >> Yes, we're issuing unlistens when appropriate.
 >
 > You are vacuuming pg_listener periodically, yes?  Not that this seems
 > to have any relationship to your problem, but ...

yes, autovacuum should take care of this. But looking forward for
multiple-workers in 8.3 as it should help us during high load periods
(some tables might wait too long for autovacuum now - but it's not that
big problem for us...).

Thanks for great work!

Kuba