Re: show value of backslashes in string array argument - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sabin Coanda
Subject Re: show value of backslashes in string array argument
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in message
> That's how it's supposed to be.  See
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/arrays.html#AEN5876

Hi Tom,

I read it and I understood there are 2 cascaded parsers, but I didn't find
an explicit reference to the behavior related to
standard_conforming_strings.

But after some tests, I found the following behaviors:
- the 1st parser is the SQL interpreter which is aware of
standard_conforming_strings (on or off)
- the 2nd parser which is an array interpreter, doesn't care of
standard_conforming_strings, using every time C escape conventions

Please confirm me whether I understand it correctly or not.

TIA,
Sabin