Folder access issues with pgAdmin4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Patrick Headley
Subject Folder access issues with pgAdmin4
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Using pgAdmin4 v4.1

Python 3.6.5

Flask 0.12.4

Application Mode Desktop

Current User pgadmin4@pgadmin.org

OS Windows 7

I would like to save a script to a network location. First off, I'm unable to access network folders using pgAdmin4. This has been an issue since pgAdmin4 was first released. To overcome this I created a mapped drive in Windows. That allows me to get to the network folders. Now I can see the folder that I want to save the script to but I can't open the folder. Upon attempting to open the folder, Win Error 3 pops up. However, the folder directly above that one opens. There are no permissions set on either folder in Windows ACL.The folders are on Linux, using Samba. The underlying security for the one I can access allows read access for the Others group. The one that I cannot open allows create and delete files access for the Others group. From Windows Explorer, I can create, modify and delete files in the folder that pgAdmin4 is unable to open.

The folder is on a Samba share. The folder that doesn't work has Create and delete files for the Others group. The folder that works (at least I can open it) has Access Files permission for the Others group.

Another issue is that the when clicking the Name column in the Save File dialog to sort the files and folders, nothing happens. I would like to sort ascending with folders first.

Can someone please perform a thorough review of the Save File dialog, making it work correctly on Windows using Linux or other network resources? By correct, it should work the same as other Windows applications (i.e. MS Word). While pgAdmin4 continues to improve and I really want it to be my main resource for managing PostgreSQL databases, these long-standing issues are a real show-stopper.

--
Patrick Headley
Linx Consulting, Inc.