Re: HD is flooded by Error Log info - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Usama Dar
Subject Re: HD is flooded by Error Log info
Date
List pgsql-general
As far as automatic archiving is concerned the easiest would be to provide something similar to "archive_command" , however i can't imagine how the second suggestion could be useful, that sounds like pretty dangerous to me.

On Nov 29, 2007 9:20 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 09:53 -0600, Abraham, Danny wrote:

> Recently an application endless loop crashed the PG server.
>
> I am looking for the safest way  to limit the growth of the all the
> files in the "pg_log" directory,
>
> While still  maintain reasonable period of log.

Sounds like we should have these features

- pg_log file archiving when we reach a certain volume/number of logs

- ability to set limits on the number of messages a single backend can
emit within a certain time period.

--
 Simon Riggs
 2ndQuadrant   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com