Re: integrate Postgres Users Authentication with our own LDAP Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: integrate Postgres Users Authentication with our own LDAP Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/5/19 7:51 π.μ., M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:

Hi all,

We would need to integrate Postgres Users Authentication with our own LDAP Server.

Basically as of now we are able to login to Postgress DB with a user/password credential.

These user objects are the part of Postgres DB server. Now we want that these users should be authenticated by LDAP server.

We would want the authentication to be done with LDAP, so basically the user credentials should be store in LDAP server

Can you mention the prescribed steps in Postgres needed for this integration with LDAP Server?

The users must be existent as postgresql users. Authorization : roles, privileges etc also will be taken by postgresql definitions, grants, etc. But the authentication will be done in LDAP.
It is done in pg_hba.conf. There are two ways to do this (with 1 or 2 phases). We have successfully used both Lotus Notes LDAP and FreeIPA LDAP with our production PostgreSQL servers, I have tested with openldap as well, so I guess chances are that it will work with yours.

Regards

Tarkeshwar

--
Achilleas Mantzios