Re: Libpq visual c++ build errors, addrinfo and sockaddr_storage redefinition error - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Pierre Joye
Subject Re: Libpq visual c++ build errors, addrinfo and sockaddr_storage redefinition error
Date
List pgsql-ports
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Pierre Joye wrote:
>  > Hi Magnus,
>  >
>  > On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>  > wrote:
>  > > Pierre Joye wrote:
>  > >  > hi,
>  > >  >
>  > >  > While trying to update the PHP postgresql extension to 8.3.1, I
>  > >  > met a couple of issues.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > The first was about not using kerberos, the makefile is
>  > >  > incorrect as an error will be raised when kerberos is used and
>  > >  > no kerberos is used.
>  > >
>  > >  First of all, what version of MSVC are you building this with? And
>  > > what version of the Platform SDK?
>  >
>  > We use the last SDK working with VC6 (2003/02). That's sadly a
>  > requirement for php 5.x. We are working on supporting  2k5 and the
>  > latest SDK for 5.3+. However VC6 support has to be kept for the 5.x
>  > branches (at least).
>
>  There's your problem, really. 8.3+ does not support VC6 anymore. We
>  need 7.1 or newer.

I was suspecting this problem. Do you have any experiences of using
these 2k5 binaries with VC6 (especially in threaded environment)? We
may give it a try in the next weeks and update it again in 5.2.7 and
5.3 if it works well.

>  > >  And third, I'd recommend you try to build it using the "main
>  > > method" which is using the tools in src/tools/msvc, and not the
>  > > win32.mak method. It's much more complete. You can build "just
>  > > libpq" that way as well.
>  >
>  > I did not know this one, thanks! I will give it tonight.
>
>  That one will require Visual Studio 2005...

Ok, that will be usefull for the 2k5 move :)

--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org