Re: Pgbackrest Comparability issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Steele
Subject Re: Pgbackrest Comparability issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/1/19 1:37 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 2/28/19 12:28 PM, chiru r wrote:
>>
>> The below steps we followed.
>> yum -y install perl-parent
>> yum -y install perl-Time-HiRes
>> yum -y install perl-JSON
>> yum -y install perl-Digest-SHA
>> yum -y install perl-Digest
>> yum -y install perl-DBD-Pg
>>
>> Downloaded pgbackrest-release-1.24.zip from github and unpacked.
>> https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest
>>
>> cp -r pgbackrest-release-1.24/lib/pgBackRest  /usr/share/perl5/
>> cp -r pgbackrest-release-1.24/bin/pgbackrest  /usr/bin/pgbackrest

You appear to have an old version at /bin/pgbackrest.

pgBackRest is available as a package from yum.postgresql.org.  If you
installed Postgres from there then you just need to:

yum install pgbackrest

If this is not a fresh install and you have old copies of pgbackrest
lying around it would be best to follow the uninstall directions here:

https://pgbackrest.org/prior/1.29/user-guide.html#installation

You may have files in other locations as well since I don't believe
/bin/pgbackrest has even been in our install directions.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net