Cannot connect though socket - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Vinicius Carvalho
Subject Cannot connect though socket
Date
Re: Cannot connect though socket  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
Hello there! I have a ubuntu 6.06 machine and installed the 8.1
version of postgres using apt-get.

Well. After the installation I've followed some post-installation instructions.
I've created a database called mydb, and a user with my own linux
account, all using sudo -su postgres and then using psql.

Well, here's my pg_hba.conf

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0          password
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust

Well, although I can connect using psql from a command line, the same
cannot be said by a jdbc connection or a pgadmin3 interface. I've
checked postgres.conf and it has the port=5432 uncommented (isn't this
enough to allow socket connections?).

Both java and pgadmin interfaces complain about: Postgres: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "vinicius"

This is most frustrating...
Any ideas?

Best regards