Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Saurabh Dave
Subject Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application
Date
Re: Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

We are bundling PostgreSQL 8.3.7 with our Java based application.
We observe that in some systems the Database access becomes very slow after running it for couple of days.

We understand that postgresql.conf needs to be adjusted as per the system specification where postgreSQL is running.

Is there a utility that we can use that can check the system specification and change the required parameters in postgresql.conf accordingly?

Thanks,
Saurabh