Re: New Object Access Type hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/21/22 15:57, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> On Mar 18, 2022, at 3:04 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>
>> I haven't looked at it in detail, but regarding the test code I'm not
>> sure why there's a .control file, since this isn't a loadable extension,
>> not why there's a test_oat_hooks.h file.
> The .control file exists because the test defines a loadable module which defines the hooks.

To the best of my knowledge .control files are only used by extensions,
not by other modules. They are only referenced in
src/backend/commands/extension.c in the backend code. For example,
auto_explain which is a loadable module but not en extension does not
have one, and I bet if you remove it you'll find this will work just fine.

cheers

andrew

--

Andrew Dunstan