Re: csv format for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: csv format for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    Pavel Stehule wrote:

> some like "\pset format csv , header_off

If we did that, we'd need to reconsider the interactions
of this with \t on|off and \pset footer on|off
and how to keep things consistent with the unaligned
format.
I feel like it's not worth the trouble.
We can still add this later if users are confused with
the interface, but that interface is already well
established with the unaligned format.

> 2. if we support csv format, then we can introduce \gcsv xxx | gnuplot ....

I thought committers rejected this because they didn't want a
new variant of \g
The csv format makes it possible to not add any new \g-style
metacommand and inject csv into the existing ones.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite