Re: do {} while (0) nitpick - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: do {} while (0) nitpick
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/6/20 6:28 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 5/6/20 3:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> BTW, I looked around and could not find a package-provided ppport.h
>> at all on my Red Hat systems.  What package is it in?
>
> perl-Devel-PPPort contains a perl module that will write the file for
> you like this:
>
>      perl -MDevel::PPPort -e 'Devel::PPPort::WriteFile();'

FWIW, pgBackRest always shipped with the newest version of ppport.h we
were able to generate. This never caused any issues, but neither did we
have problems that forced us to upgrade.

The documentation seems to encourage this behavior:

Don't direct the users of your module to download Devel::PPPort . They
are most probably no XS writers. Also, don't make ppport.h optional.
Rather, just take the most recent copy of ppport.h that you can find
(e.g. by generating it with the latest Devel::PPPort release from CPAN),
copy it into your project, adjust your project to use it, and distribute
the header along with your module.

Regards,
--
-David