Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/27/18 8:00 AM, GPT wrote:
> On 10/27/18, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>> On 10/27/18 2:28 AM, GPT wrote:
>> Postgres is going to do all sorts of things under the hood when you run
>> a query, that is not going to change.
> + Ok. That's clear.
> +
>> The issue you had bubbled up to
>> you the user because the FDW you where using got caught by a change in
>> behavior.
> + OK. I keep that in mind for future similar incidents. It is not a
> problem in my function, or in Redis, neither my system has suddenly
> broken, neither re-installation of packages is required, neither
> wοndering hours what has suddenly happened and a very simple sql
> statement does not get executed,...

Just to be clear the SQL works fine when run against Postgres directly.
The issue is that the FDW reparse's the statement to make it work with
Redis. It was the reparsing that caused the problem, this is not
something Postgres has control over.

> +
>> That is going to happen and the developer dealt with it and
>> hopefully put in a test for it, for future changes.
> + That's correct, the developer did his best.

Something to note from here:

https://github.com/nahanni/rw_redis_fdw

"This project is currently work in progress and may have experience
significant changes until it becomes stable. Use it with caution and at
your own risk!

PostgreSQL version compatibility

Currently tested against PostgreSQL 9.4+, 10.5. Other versions might
work but unconfirmed.
"

--
Adrian Klaver