Determing Postgres version - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Gary Hoffman
Subject Determing Postgres version
Date
List pgsql-php
For an off-campus project, my web hosting ISP has the PostgreSQL
postmaster running on a host separate from where my web pages are hosted.
My queries work OK, but I can't get LIMIT to work. I suspect he hasn't
upgraded to version 7 yet. How can I query for a version? I can't use
pg_config --version because it's not on my local host and anyway it
wouldn't find the postmaster on this host.

Can I use a SQL query to determine the version of the postmaster?

Thanks in advance.
Gary

* Gary B. Hoffman, Computing Services Manager  e-mail: ghoffman@ucsd.edu *
* Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS) *
* University of California, San Diego (UCSD)       voice: (858) 534-1989 *
* 9500 Gilman Dr. MC 0519                            fax: (858) 534-3939 *
* La Jolla, CA 92093-0519 USA             web: http://www-irps.ucsd.edu/ *