Re(2): optimize sql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From pgsql-sql@fc.emc.com.ph (pgsql-sql)
Subject Re(2): optimize sql
Date
List pgsql-sql
reedstrm@rice.edu writes:
>How does the output of the above differ from:
>
>SELECT name FROM office, office_application
>WHERE code = office_code
>AND active != 't';
>
>Without knowing the table structures (which tables to active, code,
>and office_code belong to?) it's hard to suggest much else.
>
>Ross

The name and code fields belong to office table. While
office_code and active fields belong to office_application table.
The name field have duplicates and among the duplicates,
only one active field is TRUE. I just wanted to get name field
that has no TRUE active field. Any other idea? Thanks.

sherwin