Re: pg_dump and search_path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: pg_dump and search_path
Date
Re: pg_dump and search_path  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 7/9/2019 7:02 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 7/8/19 11:48 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>> I have a custom search_path:
>>
>> # show search_path;
>>             search_path
>> ----------------------------------
>>   "staging, transient, pg_catalog"
>> (1 row)
>>
>> I ran `pg_dump --schema-only` and the only reference in the output to
>> search_path is:
>>
>>    SELECT pg_catalog.set_config('search_path', '', false);
>>
>> Then one of my functions which does not reference the full name of a
>> table with its schema fails with "relation [rel-name] does not exist".
>
> Where is this failing?
>
> Do you have the search_path set in the config for the server you are
> dumping to?

It is failing during the Restore operation.  I can provide more
information if I'll understand what you mean exactly by "Where".

search_path is not set int he config, but rather with ALTER DATABASE SET
search_path TO ... but I have executed that prior to the RESTORE on the
target database.  Would it make a difference if I set it in the config?

Thanks,

Igal