Re: ERROR: table row type and query-specified row type do not match - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patryk Kordylewski
Subject Re: ERROR: table row type and query-specified row type do not match
Date
List pgsql-general
Patryk Kordylewski wrote:
> I made a test-case which is not working for me. Perhaps something wrong
> with the SELECT DISTINCT ON () syntax when i specify more then 1 column?
>
> At first this was working when i specified only one column in the SELECT
> DISTINCT ON-clause, then i inserted a dummy column "second_distinct" and
> put it into the clause and it's not working anymore.
>
> PG Version: 8.2.4
>
> http://fooby.imosnet.de/not_working.txt
>
> Thanks for help,
> Patryk

I think i found the problem and made 2 sql files to reproduce it. The
only difference between this 2 files is the order by-clause of the view...

http://fooby.imosnet.de/order_by_working.txt
http://fooby.imosnet.de/order_by_not_working.txt