Re: How to prohibit parallel scan through tableam? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Konstantin Knizhnik
Subject Re: How to prohibit parallel scan through tableam?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 27.11.2019 15:12, Rafia Sabih wrote:

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 at 12:33, Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Hi hackers,

I wonder how it is possible to prohibit parallel scan for the external
storage accessed through tableam?
For example if I want to implement specialized tableam for fast access
to temp tables, how can I inform optimizer that
parallel scan is not possible (because table data is local to the backend)?

 How about setting parallel_setup_cost to disable_cost in costsize.c for your specific scan method.

How can I do it if i just implementing my AM and not going to change any postgres code?

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company