Re: Feature: temporary materialized views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Feature: temporary materialized views
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/18/19 2:53 AM, Mitar wrote:> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM
Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
>> I did some functional testing today and everything seems to work as
>> expected other than that the tab completion for psql seems to be missing.
>
> Thanks. I can add those as soon as I figure how. :-)

These rules are usually pretty easy to add. Just take a look in
src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c to see how it is usually done.

> So what are next steps here besides tab autocompletion? It is OK to
> remove that security check? If I understand correctly, there are some
> general refactoring of code Tom is proposing, but I am not sure if I
> am able to do that/understand that.

No, I do not think it is ok to remove the check without a compelling
argument for why the usability we gain from this check is not worth it.
Additionally I agree with Tom that the way the code is written currently
is confusing so this refactoring would most likely be a win even without
your patch.

I might take a stab at refactoring this myself this weekend. Hopefully
it is not too involved.

Andreas