Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/3/24 22:23, Adnan Dautovic wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I have some trouble using postgres_fdw in order to display some data from a Postgres database I do not control in a
Postgresdatabase that I do control. I filled out the form from the wiki below and would appreciate any tips.

> * A description of what you are trying to achieve and what results you expect.:
> I am trying to import the public schema of a Postgres instance I do not control (I will call it "remote"), but have
read-onlyaccess to, into a Postgres instance I fully control (I will call it "local"), using the foreign data wrapper
postgres_fdw.

Define 'read-only', especially as it applies to the privileges on the
public schema.

Per Tom Lane's comments on timezone, log into the remote server and do:

SHOW timezone;

SET timezone = 'etc/UTC';

SET timezone = 'UTC';

--