Backupping the table values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vitaly Belman
Subject Backupping the table values
Date
List pgsql-general
I am allowing my users to delete data from certain tables. However, to
be able to do a rollback of user changes, I decided to create another
"backup" schema that most data tables will copy data to, upon delete.

So basically what I have is:

public schema, in which there are two tables, A and B.
backup schema, in which there are two tables, A and B.

On table A and B in public I add a trigger "On Delete" which inserts
the deleted data to the matching tables in the backup scehma.

That'd work fine except the foreign keys problem. In A I have a
column, "B_id" that is a foreign key to an "id" in the B table. Thus
it means that I have to delete from A before I delete from B.

Inserting into the backup folders, on the other hand, should be
reversed, from the same reasons.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

--
 ICQ: 1912453