Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Mark Rotteveel
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:58:14 +0200, Andrej Golovnin
<andrej.golovnin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

>>> An official Java SE standard since v1.3, BTW, to prevent further
>>> discussions about versions. ;-)
>>
>> Proxies use reflection (which is why they are part of the
>> java.lang.reflect package.
>>

> Just because the class is in the package java.lang.reflect, it does
> not mean it uses the reflection. Proxies are on the fly generated
> classes and use generic byte code to invoke methods. No reflection is
> involved. Just take a look at the class sun.misc.ProxyClassFactory.

Instead I looked at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.ProxyClassFactory and it
certainly does use reflection (although on interfaces), and even if the
proxy generation itself wouldn't use reflection, most InvocationHandler
implementations I have seen do use reflection one way or the other.

Mark