Re: Persistent connections in PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Torsten Zühlsdorff
Subject Re: Persistent connections in PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hannes Dorbath schrieb:
> On 15.08.2007 10:53, Torsten Zühlsdorff wrote:
>> If the dictionary is not too large, you should store it directly in
>> the memory of the server. Therefore you can use Shared Memory
>> (http://www.php.net/shmop, http://de3.php.net/manual/en/ref.sem.php).
>
> Uhm, but how does TSearch get it from there? And even if it does, it
> will still held its own copy?

In this case I misunderstood you. I believed, that you get a dictionary
from pg and use it. -.-
Because often people load a dictionary from db to get the translation of
$content, shared memory can make this very fast. My advise based on this
assumption.

Greetings,
Torsten