Re: psql \copy hanging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: psql \copy hanging
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/22/19 1:47 AM, Arnaud L. wrote:
> Hi list
>
> On Windows, I have an unattended script that exports data overnight by
> issuing psql commands like :
> psql -f mycommands.sql
> whith mycommands.sql containing a bunch of \copy lines like :
> \copy (SELECT * FROM someview) TO
> '\\windowsserver\windowsshare\somefile.csv'
>
> When I run this script by hand, everything is fine but when it runs
> overnight it hangs and allways on the same line.
> There is no lock in the database, and the connection is marked as active
> in the backend and running the statement "COPY (SELECT * FROM myview) TO
> STDOUT".
> So where can things be hanging ?

The first thing I think of when seeing this sort of behavior on Windows
is anti-virus software. Doing you have any running on the machine?

You say it always hangs on the same line. Is that line doing something
different from the others? Say writing to a different location.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com