Transactions and SavePoints - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Cleber Nardelli
Subject Transactions and SavePoints
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello.
I am using the Driver odbc for access to postgresql.
I have a referring problem to the cancellation of the transaction when
some error
is found at the moment of the execution of the same one.
I try to execute this sql command:

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
  DELETE FROM TABL1 WHERE ID = 1;
  INSERT INTO TABL1 VALUES (1,1);
  SAVEPOINT SVPT;
  INSERT INTO TABL1 VALUES (1,1);
  ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT SPVT;
COMMIT;

When I try to insert as register it accuses to error with key duplicate.  Ok.
But I do not want to cancel the transaction I I need to only continue
with the same one skirting this error.  For this reason I am using
SavePoints but it generates the error:
"ERROR: ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT may only be used in transaction blocks"

Necessary of the your help.
I thank

Yours truly

--