Re: Remote Connection Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Remote Connection Help
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/21/19 1:14 PM, Jason L. Amerson wrote:
> 1) I have attached a screenshot of the output of "ps ax | grep post" on the Ubuntu machine.

What program are you using to SSH into the remote machine?
It should allow you to copy 'n' paste the screen output without
resorting to screenshots. Text is a lot handier and easy to read.

> 2) Since I was new to PostgreSQL, I followed a tutorial online. I did install from source which I already knew how to
do.I got the source package from PostgreSQL. I basically followed these instructions:

One of your previous posts showed:

"/etc/postgresql/9.4/main."

which would indicate that Postgres was also installed using deb
packaging. This is something you probably want to follow up on as
different Postgres instances from different sources can be an issue in
and of itself.

In the meantime as to your issue:

1) What Postgres version did you install from source?

2) In /usr/local/pgsql/data what is the exact setting for
listen_addresses and port in postgresql.conf

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com