Re: [HACKERS] Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments withpg_receivexlog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments withpg_receivexlog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/6/17 17:16, Robert Haas wrote:
> What if we told pg_receivewal (or pg_receivexlog, whatever that is) a
> maximum number of segments to retain before removing old ones?  Like
> pg_receivewal --limit-retained-segments=50GB, or something like that.

That would be doable, but would it solve anyone's problem?  I think
pg_receivewal retention would usually be governed either by the
available base backups, or by some time-based business metric.