Re: query locks up when run concurrently - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: query locks up when run concurrently
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/23/2016 10:26 PM, azhwkd wrote:
> I'm sorry. I worded this quite poorly. I meant to say that there were
> no log lines added to the postgres logfile at the time.
> I hope these are the settings you were refferring to (I did not change
> anything in the config files vs. the default)
>
> log_destination = 'stderr'
> logging_collector = off
> log_directory = 'pg_log'
> log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
> log_file_mode = 0600
> log_truncate_on_rotation = off
> log_rotation_age = 1d
> log_rotation_size = 10MB
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> syslog_ident = 'postgres'
> event_source = 'PostgreSQL'
> client_min_messages = notice
> log_min_messages = warning
> log_min_error_statement = error
> log_min_duration_statement = -1
> debug_print_parse = off
> debug_print_rewritten = off
> debug_print_plan = off
> debug_pretty_print = on
> log_checkpoints = off
> log_connections = off
> log_disconnections = off
> log_duration = off
> log_error_verbosity = default
> log_hostname = off
> log_line_prefix = '%t '
> log_lock_waits = off
> log_statement = 'none'
> log_temp_files = -1
> log_timezone = 'UTC'

While troubleshooting this I would enable log_connections and
log_disconnections and change log_statement to 'mod'. This will help you
see when and what is happening when you do the concurrent queries. FYI,
you need reload the server to have the changes be seen.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com