How to perform PITR when all of the logs won't fit on the drive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Sullivan
Subject How to perform PITR when all of the logs won't fit on the drive
Date
Re: How to perform PITR when all of the logs won't fit on the drive  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I have a situation where something was deleted from a database that
shouldn't have been so I am having to take a base backup and perform a
point-in-time-recovery. The problem I have is that the decompressed WAL
files will not fit on the drive of the machine I am trying to do the
restore on.

I am wondering if I can arrange the WAL files by date and copy them to the
directory where they belong and then copy another batch when those are
restored or if I will need to find some other way of performing the
recovery.