Re: psql variables in the DO command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Luzanov
Subject Re: psql variables in the DO command
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05.03.2018 16:42, Pavel Stehule wrote:

I can't use psql variable in the DO command. Is it intentional behavior?

yes. psql variables living on client side, and are not accessible from server side . DO command is executed on server side.

But SELECT command also executed on a server side ))
I thought that the command is sent to the server after variable's replacement.

you can copy psql variables to GUC variables by set_config function, and then on server side use current_setting function for getting the content.
Yes, I know about workarounds.

-----
Pavel Luzanov
The Russian Postgres Company