Re: 8.1.2 locking issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Talha Khan
Subject Re: 8.1.2 locking issues
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Ed,

In order to get which entities are responsible for the lock that you have try using the following query.

select loc.pid , cls.relname,loc.granted as lock_status from pg_locks  loc , pg_class cls where loc.locktype like '%sharelock%' and cls.oid=loc.relation and loc.pid in(pids of the process  from the error that are blocking each other);

Regards
Talha Khan

On 11/9/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Ed L. wrote:

> We are having locking issues in 8.1.2 on HP 11.23 ia64.  I'm
> trying to better understand how to conclusively identify who is
> waiting on who and why.
>
> We have a series of "select for updates" on our 'sessions' table.
> One of those queries is stuck waiting for a "transactionid"
> locktype ShareLock.  How can I tell what it's actually waiting
> for?

There should be tuple locks on pg_locks for the transaction that holds
the transactionid that your transaction is waiting on.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

       match