PostgreSQL name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Guido Barosio
Subject PostgreSQL name
Date
Re: PostgreSQL name  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL name  (Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
I was trying to find a thread where the discussion relied on the name,
using PostgreSQL or just Postgres.

AFAIK there was an agreement and PostgreSQL *won* that discussion, but
I am unable to find that thread and I may be wrong. This comes to me
because I was trying to push some *advocacy* stuff to the -es mailing
list, and now I am not sure on how to proceeed.

The case is that the .org FAQ explains that both names are just fine,
and I am happy with that, but I seem to recall that PostgreSQL was the
preferred option. Though, if this is the case we should change that
from the site, right?

--
Guido Barosio