Re: slow query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nis Jørgensen
Subject Re: slow query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Vidhya Bondre skrev:

> Hi all,
>
>    I need a very urgent help from you all in below case.
>
>    I have a query

[snipped]

> after vacuuming the db it has become very very slow ... 100 times slow.
>
> Please suggest ?

Suggestions for getting more/better responses:

- Format your query nicely before posting it.
- Post the relevant table definitions, including indices
- Tell us what the query is supposed to do.

Suggestions for finding the cause of your problem:

- Run "EXPLAIN ANALYZE" on the query.
- Try to "remove bits" of the query to see which bits slow it down - try
to find a "minimal query" which shows the performance problem. If you
can, use the output of "EXPLAIN ANALYZE" obtained above. For instance,
all the SUMs in the SELECT clause are unlikely to significantly affect
the running time.
- Run "EXPLAIN ANALYZE" on the "minimal query", post the results.

Nis