Fwd: Re: Integration of Psycopg with XTA - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Fwd: Re: Integration of Psycopg with XTA
Date
List psycopg
On 10/04/2018 12:30 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
 > On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 11:24 AM Federico Di Gregorio<fog@dndg.it>  wrote:
 >> On 10/04/2018 12:13 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
 >>> I can take a look at it but I suspect it's a lot of work for a feature
 >>> very rarely used.
 >> Nah, I can do it. I was just asking for your opinion. :D
 > I don't know much about the capsule object, its life cycle etc. Yes,
 > not a huge deal saving it in the connection state and returning always
 > the same. I just wonder if it's worth the effort.

I suppose it helps to debug the situation where the capsule is used
after the connection has been closed. Instead of a BOOM you get a nice
exception (if the consumer checks for it, obviously).

I'll work on this in my repo and if everything works we can integrate it
for 2.8.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it