Re: EXPLAIN BUFFERS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: EXPLAIN BUFFERS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In this case, I think that the auto_explain changes out to be part of
>> the same patch as the core EXPLAIN changes
>
> Here is a rewritten patch to add EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) and
> support for it by contrib/auto_explain. I removed pg_stat_statements
> support from the patch for now.

Just a quick note:  this patch does not apply cleanly to HEAD due to
the subsequent removal from explain.c of the near-by lines:
       /* Convert parameter type data to the form parser wants */       getParamListTypes(params, ¶m_types,
&num_params);

I think it is merely a text conflict and not a functional one.

Cheers,

Jeff