Re: opportunistic tuple freezing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: opportunistic tuple freezing
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> As always with patches that are meant to improve performance,
> some experimental evidence would be a good thing.

I haven't had time to performance test this patch yet, and it looks like
it will take a significant amount of effort to do so. I'm focusing on my
other work, so I don't know if this one is going to be in shape for the
September commitfest.

If someone is interested in doing some performance testing for this
patch, let me know. I still think it has potential.

Under what kind of circumstances/workload to you think this patch is most likely to show its full potential?  I can try to test it out, but would like some guidance.  I am guessing it is when the anti-wrap around vacuums come due, but that is such a rare event, it could both be hard to test for and also be of limited real-world applicability.

Cheers,

Jeff (Janes)