Re: Using Gprof with Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Using Gprof with Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Reydan Cankur <reydan.cankur@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I compile PostgreSQL-8.4.0 with icc and --enable profiling option. I ran command psql and create table and make a select then I quit psql and go to .../data/gprof folder there are some folders named with numbers (I think they are query ids);

They are the process ids (PIDs) of the backend processes.

all of them are empty. How can I solve this issue?

Does your compiler work for profiling in general?  Can you compile other simpler programs for profiling with icc and have it work for them?  If so, how?

I thought gprof was specific to GNU compilers.

Jeff