Re: control max length of parameter values logged - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexey Bashtanov
Subject Re: control max length of parameter values logged
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
> The privilege argument seems irrelevant to me.  We already decided
> that the plan is (a) SUSET for non-error statement logging purposes and
> (b) USERSET for logging caused by errors, and that would have to apply
> to length limits as well as enable/disable ability.  Otherwise a user
> could pretty effectively disable logging by setting the length to 1.
The only privilege that user can gain if we drop the boolean is to
*enable* logging parameters on error.
That gives user a little bit easier way to fill up the disk with logs,
but they anyway can do that if they want to.
If that's okay with everyone, please see the new version attached.

Best, Alex

Attachment