Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jacob Champion
Subject Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 21:21 +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> There is something iffy with these certs (the test fails
> on mismatching ciphers and/or signature algorithms) that I haven't been able to
> pin down, but to get more eyes on this I'm posting the patch with the test
> enabled.

Removing `--keyUsage keyEncipherment` from the native_server-* CSR
generation seems to let the tests pass for me, but I'm wary of just
pushing that as a solution because I don't understand why that would
have anything to do with the failure mode
(SSL_ERROR_NO_SUPPORTED_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM).

> The NSS toolchain requires interactive input which makes the Makefile
> a bit hacky, ideas on cleaning that up are appreciated.

Hm. I got nothing, short of a feature request to NSS...

--Jacob