Re: [GENERAL] Old pg_clog files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Old pg_clog files
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/29/2017 03:37 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
Hi,

v8.4.17

http://www.postgresql-archive.org/pg-clog-questions-td2080911.html

According to this old thread,  doing a VACUUM on every table in the postgres, template1 and TAPd databases should remove old pg_clog files.

However, while about 40 of them have been deleted, 183 still exist.  What did I do wrong?

Reading the old thread it sounds like it might require multiple vacuums to affect complete removal.

I vacuumed them twice.

Does it matter whether I ran a VACUUM ANALYZE on every table instead of "vacuumdb --all"?