Re: device full ---> postgres will not start - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From kevin07@optonline.net (kbd)
Subject Re: device full ---> postgres will not start
Date
List pgsql-admin
i will take the advice and upgrade to 7.2.4 ASAP as in now.

this what rpm reports on the server currently:
[root@localhost root]# rpm -qa | grep postgres
postgresql-jdbc-7.2.1-5
postgresql-libs-7.2.1-5
postgresql-7.2.1-5
postgresql-server-7.2.1-5
postgresql-contrib-7.2.1-5
postgresql-devel-7.2.1-5
[root@localhost root]#

i downloaded the following:
[root@localhost download]# ls
postgresql-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm          postgresql-libs-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-contrib-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm  postgresql-perl-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-devel-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm    postgresql-server-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-docs-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm     postgresql-tcl-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-jdbc-7.2.4-1PGDG.i386.rpm
[root@localhost download]#

i have done new installs using RPMs, but not an upgrade.
silly question time:
are these the correct RPMs?
do I just upgrade them one at a time as follows:
  rpm -Uvh  postgresql.......rpm

many thanks

kd