Re: how to speed up query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: how to speed up query
Date
List pgsql-general
>> and script terminates after 5.5 hours running yesterday night.
>
> This might be a good reason not to run the script as a single long
> transaction --- it's probably accumulating locks on a lot of different
> tables.  Which would be fine if it was the only thing going on, but
> evidently it isn't.

Thank you.
I removed transaction from script as all.
I send every statement separately to Postgres.
So each statement runs in its own single transaction now.

I hope that this does not decrease speed and this is best solution?

Now

 explain analyze  SELECT r.dokumnr
 FROM rid r
 LEFT JOIN dok d USING (dokumnr)
 WHERE d.dokumnr IS NULL

returs the same time from script and when returned separately in small
database.

Andrus.