Re: Database issues when adding GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/7/21 9:00 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> What Philip is suggesting is to use Python only simple script to
>> connect to database and retrieve from table. Something like:
>>
>> import psycopg2
>>
>> con = psycopg2.connect(<connection_str>)
>> cur = con.cursor()
>> cur.execute('select * from activitytypes')
>> rs = cur.fetchall()
>> print(rs)
>
> Adrian,

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> NameError: name 'bustrac' is not defined

No this is because you did not use an actual connection string e.g:

psycopg2.connect("host=salmo user=rshepard dbname=bustrac")

Instead you used an undefined variable bustrac per the error message:

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com