Re: Fix pagination link handling in search results - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Fix pagination link handling in search results
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi Maciek,

On 11/16/20 5:55 PM, Maciek Sakrejda wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for maintaining pgweb.

Thanks!

> I noticed this issue when searching mailing lists. I did not test  the
> change in the application, but I did test the logic in a local python
> console and I think it's right.

Funny enough, it's kind of tough to test the search features locally :(

> Commit message of the attached commit follows, explaining the issue:
>
> Fix pagination link handling
>
> If the total number of search results is divisible by the page size, the
> page count is mis-calculated and there's a link to an additional page of
> results, even though there are no more results and that page is empty.
>
> See issue here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=contrib&l=76&d=365&s=r&p=2
> <https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=contrib&l=76&d=365&s=r&p=2>
>
> At the moment, this has 20 results but a link to a second page, which is
> empty with a label of "Results 21-20 of 20." Previous and Next works
> still work fine, but that second page does not really need to be there.
>
> This changes the page count calculation to avoid this issue.

I was able to reproduce the issue and do agree that it is a bug. I have
not been able to verify your solution yet but I have it on my TODO.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment