Re: REINDEX disk space requirements - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anj Adu
Subject Re: REINDEX disk space requirements
Date
List pgsql-admin
An alternative to adding more hardware is to partition the table. This
may be your best solution for the long term too. The benefits are

1. Elimination of frequent vacuums
2. Instant space reclamation via partition deletes.

We had a similar situation as yours...we bit the bullet and
implemented partitioning..and that was the best decision we ever made.