Re: [GENERAL] Making subscribers read only in Postgres 10 logicalreplication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Making subscribers read only in Postgres 10 logicalreplication
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/11/17 14:18, rverghese wrote:
> I'm testing out logical replication on PostgreSQL 10. Is there a setting to
> make subscribers read-only slaves like with Slony. Currently I can insert
> into the Publisher and the Subscriber. If there is a conflict, i.e. same
> record exists in both, then all replication gets backed up (even to other
> tables) till that one record is resolved.

Right now there is no direct way to do that.  The other answers have
suggested some workarounds.  It might be a valuable feature to implement
something like that.  One would just have to think through exactly how
to present this in the user interface.

Another longer-term solution here is to implement conflict resolution
mechanisms.  So if you don't like local updates to break the incoming
replication stream, a remote-update-wins policy would help.