Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 3/15/22 09:30, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> On 3/15/22 05:43, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 4:42 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
>> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for updating the patches !
>>> And sorry for the row filter bug caused by my mistake.
>>>
>>> I looked at the two fixup patches. I am thinking would it be better if we
>>> add one testcase for these two bugs? Maybe like the attachment.
>>>

>> Your tests look good to me. We might want to add some comments for
>> each test but I guess that can be done before committing. Tomas, it
>> seems you are planning to push these bug fixes, do let me know if you
>> want me to take care of these while you focus on the main patch? I
>> think the first patch needs to be backpatched till 13 and the second
>> one is for just HEAD.
>>

> Yeah, I plan to push the fixes later today. I'll polish them a bit
> first, and merge the tests (shared by Hou zj) into the patches etc.

I've pushed (and backpatched to 13+) the fix for the publish_as_relid
issue, including the test. I tweaked the test a bit, to check both
orderings of the publication list.

While doing that, I discovered yet ANOTHER bug in the publish_as_relid
loop, affecting 12+13. There was a break once all actions were
replicated, but skipping additional publications ignores the fact that
the publications may replicate a different (higher-up) ancestor.

I removed the break, if anyone thinks this optimization is worth it we
could still do that once we replicate the top-most ancestor.

I'll push the second fix soon.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra