Re: C++ port of Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: C++ port of Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/14/2016 2:05 PM, Joy Arulraj wrote:

We have ported Postgres over to the C++ language (C++11 standard).

https://github.com/jarulraj/postgresql-cpp

Our goal is to use certain features of the C++ language and its standard library to simplify coding, improve code reuse, and avoid bugs. Peter's article titled `Moving to C++` was a source of inspiration for us.

does this compile with the non-GCC compilers that postgres gets built with, for instance, IBM XLC++ on AIX, Oracle Studio C++ on Solaris, Microsoft Visual C++ on MS Windows, CLang on BSD ?   what about popular platforms like RHEL 6, where gcc is 4.4.7 ?