Re: Why my query not using index to sort? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Why my query not using index to sort?
Date
Re: Why my query not using index to sort?  (Arup Rakshit <ar@zeit.io>)
List pgsql-general
On 9/28/18 12:14 PM, Arup Rakshit wrote:
> Forgot to mention in my previous email, it was a quick send click. Sorry
> for that.
>
> In the gist you need to see all the line with Vessel Load(.. . I load
> the page multiple times to catch the different times, so you will the
> line multiple times there in the log file.

Do you know what Vessel Load () is actually measuring?

To me it looks like it is covering both the query(including ROR
overhead) and the HTTP request/response cycle.

Also have you looked at:

https://guides.rubyonrails.org/debugging_rails_applications.html#impact-of-logs-on-performance

--
Adrian Klaver